View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012   #35
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11948 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Early Line: Houston -6.5 over Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
I don't think the betting line is supposed to represent some gap between the teams. The only thing it represents is betting public's confidence in wagering money on either team. And there's obviously more money coming in on the Texans for whatever reason. Often there is a linear correlation between the two, but there doesn't have to be.
Nevertheless, if you had to pick a point spread that forced people to a point of uncertainty and indecision about which way to go, what would it be? Seven points does it for me. I picked the Texans, but truth be told, that looks like an awful lot of points against a tough opponent. Would you think maybe 4 or 5 would be better?
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote