Thread: Andre Johnson
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012   #120
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson

I've thought about this alot lately and I honestly think that all of the reasons cited in this thread are the reason why he hasn't really looked the same.

1.) he's just trying to make sure he gets through the season playing all 16 games this year...we had some obvious & immediate deficiencies when he went down last year. But he came back against Cincy in the playoff game and beasted.

2.) Yes, he's lost some of his explosion, but it's a combo of him getting older and the hammy injury/surgery he got last year. However, within this offense, he's still capable of putting up numbers if we target him enough. The drops i think can be explained by him just not being in the flow of the game and he's not quite used to being targeted so sporadically.

3.) I think kubes has purposely tried to go away from him a bit more with his playcalling this year in an effort to limit the focus on him. By doing so, this he's in effect trying to forces the other WR's to step up so the opposing teams have start paying more attention to those guys. rather than sitting on AJ.

I strongly believe this 3rd reason b/c we have seen OD be a focal point at times in the offense, But Walter? I don't think i've ever seen him get targeted as much as he has been this season....at least not while AJ has been on the field with him anyway. The numbers and stats presented earlier say that this is true. Everyone on here and elsewhere knew that the achilles heel to our offense was that we had no WR options outside of AJ & OD...it became more obvious when we sent JJ packing.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote