Thread: Andre Johnson
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012   #118
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Well, from your source article, written in Aug 2010, I agree that that is what they said then. But much has changed since then. Wouldn't you agree?

We, the fans, can be as nostalgic and sentimental as we like. But general managers in a salary-cap restricted NFL are not afforded that kind of luxury. Their job is to determine "what have you done for me lately", and make the necessary, and sometimes difficult, decisions in accordance with.

For AJ's sake, I really hope they win the Super Bowl this season, because I think it will be his last season, regardless of what they said two years ago.
yeah, like I said, you could ultimately be right. It is a business at the end of the day.

However, I could also see McNair keeping A.J. as a 'legacy' player, something he would not do for any other member of the team.

Bob has a little bit of "old school" mentality to him, more than a lot of the newer owners. His loyalty to Carr, and his undying support of Kubiak, shows that he's not going to make decisions based on the public or media. He admires the stable teams that stick with head coaches for a long time. The Landry-era Cowboys, the Steelers, the Patriots.

While I would not be shocked if they release AJ someday, I also would not be surprised if they make sure that he retires as a Houston Texan.