View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012   #76
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Won't have to deal with Ray Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Who cares right now. He's out for the year and that's all that matters right now.

I don't care how it affects the Ravens. Nobody gave a damn when we had half our ****ing team out throughout the year last year. I won't feel sympathy for any team ever again after what we had to go through last year.
This is really all that matters. He's not playing and how that affects the game is all I'm interested in. I know enough to not assume that just because a player like this (declining skills not withstanding) is out it means that the other team will be hurting. The Ravens defense will be possibly a little better on the field and maybe a little lacking in the heart but even that can be a motivator. They'll have the mindset of feeling they need to win one for Lewis and Webb. They'll come in focused on compensating for that loss and playing at a higher level if possible. At the same time the Texans will hopefully be trying to prove that Sunday night wasn't them and using that for motivation.

Should be a good game. First seed in the AFC is up for grabs and both teams have significant reasons to be additionally motivated. The team that can't get up for this game needs to have its pulse checked. Hope that doesn't end up being us.