View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012   #16
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Early Line: Houston -6.5 over Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I don't do it, but I think it means straight up on the money line.

You pick a team to win the game straight up, but the money you win if you pick the favorite is less than the amount you place on the bet and vice versa, if you pick the dog, you win more money than the amount you place on the bet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what does SU moneyline mean?

76 has it right here, but just to kind of simplify it for you let me break it down.

Right now one site I check has the Texans -360 and the Ravens +260 for the upcoming game. Basically what that means is a better would have to place a $360 bet in order to win $100 if he wanted to bet straight up for the Texans to win. On the flip side you could place a $100 wager on the Ravens and win $260 if you wanted to take them straight up.

I know people who bet on games and only take safe underdogs and the S/U or moneyline. The Houston Cougars made me a very happy man a few years ago when they beat Oklahoma State as 17 point underdogs.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote