View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012   #38
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 125714 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Needs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Yes he may be only a 2 down ILB but I like what I'm hearing about this kid. This is what WalterFootball had to say about him:

Andrew Jackson*, ILB, Western Kentucky
Height: 6-1. Weight: 265.
Projected 40 Time: 4.72.
Projected Round (2012): 2-4.
9/22/12: Jackson has totaled 21 tackles this season. He held his own against Alabama with seven tackles and 1.5 tackles for a loss.

8/31/12: The Lakeland, Fla. product Jackson grew up in Ray Lewis' hometown and has patterned his game after the future Hall of Famer. Jackson had 109 tackles with 17 tackles for a loss, 3.5 sacks, one interception and one forced fumble in 2011. The sophomore played well against the better competition with 12 tackles and a sack against Kentucky and eight tackles and a sack against LSU.

Jackson is a thumper of a linebacker. He has good instincts and some quickness. Jackson is extremely physical and has real presence on the field with a big-time demeanor. It was his first season of playing time, so the junior has a lot of potential and a high ceiling to get better in 2012 and 2013.

If he's there with the "last pick" of the 2nd I hope they take him. He probably won't make it to the end of 3rd. If he plays like they say he does I think he would be well worth it in the 2nd. Plus, I'm hoping with the extra picks we get for compensation, that we can package a couple together and move back up in the 2nd rd and maybe get a big/fast TE or maybe WR.
nfldraftscout.com another source I use does not have Jackson even listed. I know what I see when I watch him. He seems to be in on almost every play. Unbelievable motor.