Thread: Jonathan Joseph
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012   #56
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jonathan Joseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
This is what I was talking about at work today. There was no safety help all game long.

My question is our ILB'ers so bad that we are having to play our safeties up?
Wade was in Dime probably >50% of the game at minimum. Dobbins probably saw the least amount of snaps, followed by the tandem of Cody/Mitchell (if we count that position and not the players themselves). They had Quin lining up in the ILB spot a bunch in these particular Dime packages.

From what I saw at the game, we just couldn't get in Rodgers's face enough to keep him from taking advantage of singled up CB's. Reed, Barwin, and Smith were all basically duds in terms of pass rushing, which put us in a hole defensively. Watt was pretty good, even getting doubled and tripled, but you have to have at least one of those guys beating their block on a good amount of the plays if they are using long developing passing routes.

In our wins, most of the time, Reed or Smith would be the guys who would at least get close if Watt wasn't getting home, but in this game the normally subpar Packers O-line did pretty well protecting Rodgers. They did have some timely running plays, but overall their line basically played spectacularly and that made it very hard for the back to keep up with those Packer receivers, even if they were missing Jennings.