View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012   #37
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Needs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
There are some things we still need to learn from this season.

1. Is the right side of our o-line going to be OK?
2. Did we have any WRs?
3. Do we have a guy who can challenge Wade Smith for the LG spot?

ILB -- If there is any way in hell we can get Teo, then we get Teo. Otherwise, we need someone to start grooming for the future cause I'm thinking Sharpton ain't the guy.

WR -- If no one steps up out of this WR class, then we need to get someone who will.

RB -- Because we're a run-oriented team. We need as many good young guys coming up through our system as we can get.

DT -- Obviously, Wade doesn't want a classic NT. So let's get a good DT who's better at what Shaun Cody does than either Shaun or Earl are.

CB -- Someone to groom and to learn to do what we need them to do. Can't have too many good CBs.
Good assessment of each position that can use and upgrade.

I'm interested to see as the season wears on how Justin Forsett performs because it might mean we can move Tate for an extra pick because I don't forsee another big FA signing this off-season.

I do think 1st round WR and ILB are interchangeable depending on who is available. Would love to see the FO make a move up for someone, I think if there is ever going to be a time to make a move for someone to get us over the hump it's going to be this coming draft.

The only way I go 1st round DT is if you get a Ngata clone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
1st WR Need to add vetical weapon oppossite AJ to eventually replace AJ
2nd ILB For obvious reasons
3rd NT/DT Better value for position to groom
4th OT/OG More depth, couple free agents to be
5th DB Another CB if McCain leaves or safety help & special teams/returner
6th TE Need a better blocking TE to shade the tackle
7th RB late round steal, Texans may move Tate

This is pretty much how I have this draft lined up as of today.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote