View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 5 Best teams in the NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
That's fair, but I'm not quite sold on at least three of the teams you have listed as being better either. 49ers have lost big against both the Giants and Vikings, the Packers have lost to the Seahawks and Colts. The Patriots are 3-3 and don't look to be better. And how good is the Ravens defense going to be without Lewis & Webb? The Falcons & Giants look to be the top two teams in the NFL this week.
I understand your perspective.

It's like being a parent. We are always harder on our own kids than we are with other people's kids.

We see every play of Texans games. Highlights of other teams for the most part.

I just EXPECTED more heart from this team last night. I did not expect a win, because I was not deluded about the Packers and their record. I thought we were going to face and elite team and they did what elite teams are capable of doing: DOMINATE.

I think the Texans have the potential to be an elite team in 2012. But I'm not crowning their asses, yet. I want proof, not potential. They've got to earn it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
This is the main reason I started this thread. I wanted to see how myopic our fans are. I don't mean to call you out, or any offense to you. This... is not about you, or isolated to this board. "Every" Texans fan has the same line of thinking, judging by what I'm hearing on the radio, seeing on TV, & experience around town.

Can't put our team in the top 5 because we lacked heart last night, but I'm going to put a 3-3 team ahead of them. That team lacked heart three times where the Texans lacked heart once.

We got beat. No doubt about it. The 49ers got creamed. Damn near shut out at home. But they belong in the top 5.

Hey, I don't have a problem if you don't think the Texans belong in the top 5. But the 49ers & Packers? The Patriots lost to two teams from what has been regularly thought of as the worst division in the league & neither team was San Francisco, the consensus best team in that division.

But the Texans lack heart.

Perspective.
'eh, I think you read to much into my words. I think our team has lots of heart, which is why Sunday shocked me.

Maybe "heart" was the wrong word (I was still a little aggravated with them yesterday, but over it now).

I just saw them come out flat and never seemed to have a pulse. We were still in the game at the end of the 3rd quarter when the score was 28-17. They could still have won the game at that point if they fought for it.

But they did not fight for it, and honestly it looked like they did not even try.

They were being dominated, and when I perceive an attitude of submission from our team, I question their heart FOR THAT ONE GAME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
They lacked heart last night.
My thoughts exactly. I should have just kept it to one sentence, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
There is a difference between losing a hard fought game and one where you lay down and get steamrolled.

Not in the Win column but in my level of anger, lol
That's how I feel about it. I did not watch those other teams lose to put my finger on the pulse of how they played. So I cannot really elaborate about "heart" as it equates to losing. I'm not an expert from mere highlights like TK seems to be.

Here's how I analyzed my list:

Falcons - 6-0 team. Undefeated teams deserve the benefit of respect

Giants - defending Super Bowl champions

Packers - 15-1 team last year, HoF QB, one year removed from an NFL championship. Veteran team that rebounds well.

49ers - Young team. Harbaugh is going to achieve great things with this team. NFC Championship game in his first year as HC anyone?

Patriots - yeah yeah 3-3 record, BUT, Belichick, Brady, defending AFC champions, this team rises as the cream of the crop every year without fail.

Like I said, the Texans could be considered 6th or 7th, depending on how to you want to frame it. I love our team and want great things for them, but I'm not going to put them in the top 5 just to be a homer about it.

And TK, for YOU of all people to start throwing around the myopic blast? Fo real??