View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012   #148
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Our new look ILB position moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Japan View Post
What do you guys think about giving Bryan Braman a chance at ILB? I think he has some unique athletic ability and certainly is a hustler. He can learn the position and hopefully provide us a spark at ILB.
I like it.

But it doesn't address the problem up front. We need to get the majority of our pressure from the DL. If Braman is in at ILB, we'll have to rush him to get pressure on the QB, like we did with Cushing.

Barwin is playing the position that is designed to get the most QB pressures in this defense & it's just not working. We need an upgrade at that position.

But I still like Barwin, just not at WOLB. I don't want to take him off the field. I'd rather move him to SOLB where I think he is better suited.

But I still Like Reed, don't want to take him off the field. I'd rather move him inside to take Cushing's role. If he comes off the field in nickel situations... then it is what it is.

Let's give Braman some snaps with the 1st team defense at WOLB... or give Merci a few snaps there.

If we can start getting pressure from that spot, I believe everything will open up. He doesn't even have to be a bonafide bad ass, he's just got to get some kind of pressure which Barwin is not.

Jj Watt can't keep this up all season. He can't do it alone. Not against the QBs we're about to see.