View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012   #53
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Won't have to deal with Ray Lewis

I saw this earlier on Monday Night Countdown.

When I saw it, I was like, "you gotta be $hittin' me!"

Ray is one of my favorite NFL players and his personality is contagious. I have mad respect for what he does off the field. He's a great player, but that's a temporary thing in life. The people whose lives he's touched will last a lifetime, and maybe longer, if it impacts them in such a way that they become a positive inspiration to someone else. It's the "pay it forward" concept.

DB, I totally agree about his appearance on the show A Football Life. I already really liked the guy, but that just impressed me on a whole other level. You can't help but root for the guy. To watch someone that is so fired up, in everything that they do in life, is a sight to see. Tex, you gotta make it a point to watch that episode. You won't be disappointed.

He dropped 15 lbs in the offseason to help him play faster. There's no question that his career is nearing the end, but I'd hate for it to end like this. When he retires, the game will be losing a great competitor and it will be a sad day.

I hope that somehow he is able to make a full recovery and retire the way he wants to. I have no doubt that this isn't how he visualized it playing out.