View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012   #40
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Won't have to deal with Ray Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
It's close for me between LT, Singletary and Lewis. I think I still give LT a slight edge just for the way he revolutionized the OLB and edge passer.
LT is sort of the only other guy that I'd compare, but I'd take Ray hands down without question. One huge reason being Ray's leadership would trump Taylor's leadership qualities. I've just never seen a guy have so much positive control over his team like Ray has. He brings those young players in from the jump and lays down the law of hard work and respect for the coaching staff and their unit. You never hear about other guys hardly getting into trouble on that defense either hardly. They follow that guy and he has been a spiritual leader to many of them off the field as well.

Taylor on the other hand was a crackhead who could never stay out of trouble. Sure, he never got a murder case, but the stories about Taylor were endless. His escapades with prostitutes and hookers way over the top to the point that Taylor wouldn't even be able to play in today's game in my opinion. He'd have so many failed drug tests and arrests that the media would capture that he'd be suspended over and over. Taylor never set a great example for his teammates. From what I've read he helped to encourage them to get involved in his activities that hurt their team at times. I even heard one story that he came to practice in handcuffs one time with a prostitute or two with him, because he had been playing games with them all night and they couldn't get them off. Lol! I'm still a fan of Taylor and all, but I think Ray's leadership skills play a much bigger role when you look at the entire picture.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote