View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Bowl winners who have had their butts handed to them in the regular season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
They had a bad game, obviously their heads (from the coaches on down) weren't into the game. That's correctable. We've seen them whip butt before, they can do it again. And frankly, I'm glad if this loss get's it out of their system (whatever "it" was). If you're gonna lose a game, a non-conferance game is the one to lose.
yep. I told my son before the Monday game against the Jets to not be surprised if they lost one out of the next two.

I asked him which game he'd lose if he had to pick, and he said the Packers for that same reason. Plus, neither of us likes the Jets, and since we'd never beaten them, it seemed like a no-brainer.

I think that game drained them, and they probably rested on the hype from a mental standpoint. GB had to win that game or go 2-4 in a division that is looking tough, so they had a lot more to lose and a lot to proven going into it.