View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 304149 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Bowl winners who have had their butts handed to them in the regular season

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Quite true DB, though I don't consider GB a "bad team". They got hosed in Seattle in prime time. Like's been said in other threads, their back was against the wall, and they wanted it more. And they took it.
Oh, I don't, either. I was telling a few of my family members last week to not underestimate GB. Their 2-3 record did not mean anything. This is a team with a likely HoF QB, 15-1 record last year, and just a season removed from winning a Super Bowl.

My main point in my previous post was in the spirit of this thread, i.e. good teams losing to bad teams. We've seen it as Texans fans. Heck, I remember the first time we beat Indy, 2006 with David Carr on Christmas Eve, and they went on to win the Super Bowl.

But yeah, there is nothing to be ashamed of when losing to a good team. Although, I would say there is some shame in HOW they lost to that team last night.