View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012   #1557
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I think it's obvious: HIRE DOM!!!

I told my son after the first play and subsequent sack that this was going to be a long game. It just had that "feel" to it. You know the one as a Houston football fan. A talented team getting way too much hype from the local and national media, individual interviews with Watt, Schaub, Foster, and everyone patting them on the back as they jump on the bandwagon.

The Texans are obviously unable to handle the glaring spotlight of success right now.

They waltzed into to Reliant last night, chests puffed out - "hey 2-3 Packers, WE are the no. 1 power ranked team in the nation. We haven't lost a game this year!"

And the Packers got to work dismantling every aspect of this team. Offense. Defense. Special Teams. Coaching.

The Texans were dominated and humiliated on prime-time.

Now let's see what kind of heart and soul this team has after a serious week-long gut check.

Their performance against the Ravens will say more about Kubiak's "evolution" than anything else. All teams lose. But the good ones bounce back and let the loss inspire them to be better.

yep. It was sad to see, but I'm still hopeful that this season has many great things to come.

I told my oldest son that they were due to lose before the game. I did not expect to see the 2006 Texans out there, tho'...

That had to be embarrassing for them. Let's hope that the Ravens get the brunt of it now.

I went to bed after the 3rd touchdown by GB. And I never miss a game but you could just tell with this one. I've seen that waaaayy too many times as an old Oiler fan and Texan fan from the start. I just didn't want to subject myself to the pain of watching a primetime meltdown by the Texans.

I just hope they don't embarrass us on thanksgiving. The rest of the primetime games are on the road and tough. I don't expect them to beat the Patriots in December and maybe not the Bears on sunday night but please beat the Lions on turkey day. I don't want to spew out some long tirade of filth and break a tv in front of sleepy family members with full bellies.

It was only one game but it does reaffirm my belief that Kubiak in never going to get it as a head coach. No light is going to suddenly come on for this guy. I also realize he isn't going anywhere. But when that day finally does come in some distant future they need to send Rick Smith packing with him. I'm no fan of either.