View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So is it officially time to put Connor Barwin's pic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
Maybe Barwin could try an inside move every now and then to mix it up. It's taking him too long to get to the QB wih the deep outside rush. Also, he got hose on that penalty during GBs FG attempt. He jumped over the line on his own. Unless I missed another camera angle, it looked clean to me.
If you even take into consideration your scenario, in order to understand the call, it's important to understand the entire extent of the rule. This is something that I didn't know until a couple of years ago I was watching a game with the same call in the same situation, and looked it up.

A penalty occurs if a defender takes a running start from beyond the line of scrimmage in an attempt to block a field goal or point after touchdown and lands on players at the line of scrimmage. A player can jump straight up but he can't go over the line of scrimmage when trying to block a kick. He can run around or through the line to block a kick but not up and forward.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote