View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
This was prior to his having his "ass handed to him by Dom Capers".
I think it's obvious: HIRE DOM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Last night really bothered me. I remember back in 2002 going to a signing event with Corey Bradford. There was a huge line and the Texans had just been beaten by somebody. I don't remember what I said to him but I remember him telling me "No man, we let all ya'll down Sunday". He looked genuinely sorry that they hadn't been able to keep up with whoever it was the beat them. I told him that they didn't let anybody down and that things would get better.

Last night this group of Texans with a handful of exceptions genuinely let us down. I think of Jack Pardee's hyper-talented Oilers teams that didn't play up to their ability and that's what was on display last night. The previous 5 weeks it was mostly playing precise careful, winning football. Last night was undisciplined crap.
I told my son after the first play and subsequent sack that this was going to be a long game. It just had that "feel" to it. You know the one as a Houston football fan. A talented team getting way too much hype from the local and national media, individual interviews with Watt, Schaub, Foster, and everyone patting them on the back as they jump on the bandwagon.

The Texans are obviously unable to handle the glaring spotlight of success right now.

They waltzed into to Reliant last night, chests puffed out - "hey 2-3 Packers, WE are the no. 1 power ranked team in the nation. We haven't lost a game this year!"

And the Packers got to work dismantling every aspect of this team. Offense. Defense. Special Teams. Coaching.

The Texans were dominated and humiliated on prime-time.

Now let's see what kind of heart and soul this team has after a serious week-long gut check.

Their performance against the Ravens will say more about Kubiak's "evolution" than anything else. All teams lose. But the good ones bounce back and let the loss inspire them to be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
16 and 7 over our last 23 games. 13 and 4 when our starting qb plays. Our recent history is anything but mediocre. We lost to a great team than needed to prove a point after starting out poorly. We were coming off a short week. Teams lose!
yep. It was sad to see, but I'm still hopeful that this season has many great things to come.

I told my oldest son that they were due to lose before the game. I did not expect to see the 2006 Texans out there, tho'...

That had to be embarrassing for them. Let's hope that the Ravens get the brunt of it now.