Thread: Jonathan Joseph
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012   #5
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jonathan Joseph

I don't think anything's wrong with him despite reports of him being nicked up; I don't think its any more than usual anyway. What it is is just after 4 games, he along with the rest of our defense have been scouted & i'm guessing 1 of the things teams saw was how overly-agressive our db's have been this season.

I say this b/c beginning with the jets game, we started to see tons of double moves being put on him & KJ & guys are coming wide open as a result. Teams have also finally started to take notice of Quinn playing down more in the box for run support, which is leaving little to no safety help over the top.

Bottom line is they are getting too agressive at jumping slants and curls & they can't afford to be with little or no safety help over the top.

Other things teams are seeing from the scouting: Barwin and Reed aren't going to beat them. Control Watt and Smith to lesser extent & the other 2 likely aren't going to pick up the slack.

Wade has said that he finds what his players can do well & then he puts them in situations to where they best utilize that particular skill. This is a double edge sword. Quinn was switched to safety b/c it allows for him to best utilize his best skill...which was tackling coming out of college. When put into coverage he struggles....reminds me alot of the Roy Williams debacle in Dallas when Wade was up there.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote