View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012   #139
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our new look ILB position moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
How we feeling about james and dobbins after the packers? I haven't had a chance to watch the game yet.
From what I saw in the stands, Wade Phillips put his dudes in Dime formation pretty much the entire game. Most of the times if we had an ILB on the field it was Bradie James, with Glover Quin pretending to be the other ILB. While the Packers really didn't try to run the ball except the occasional "are u playing run dfense? lol" type plays, we didn't really get burned by their TE's or RB's catching passes out of the backfield much. Almost all the damage the Packers seemed to do came on the outside where they had Nelson matched up on JoJo and that seemed like easy money for Rodgers.

As far as that game went, I don't think the drop off from Cushing to James is what killed us on defense. The lack of a consistent pass rush outside of Watt, and JoJo and Quin getting burned repeatedly really did us in.

I haven't watched the TV version of the game though, this is just what I saw half drunk at the stadium.