View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012   #56
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: All Encompassing Fire Joe Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm not a huge kubiak fan overall, but I thought this team could win in spite of his suspect play calling.

I don't think he takes advantage of the offensive talent he has.
The team can win in spite of him, as long as they're playing the Dolphins, Jags, and Titans of the league. They'll jump up and win a big one now and again, just like any team. But when the big moments come, he doesn't seem to have the instinct to make the right calls enough of the time. The pass to AJ a couple weeks back for the key first down to close the game out is the sort of thing a coach has to do sometimes. Kubiak doesn't do it often enough, but he puts himself in position to need to be able to do it more often.

And as you said above, the ST play has been bad for a while. Some have pointed out that Marciano never adjusted to the wedge being outlawed. I can't say I disagree with that. So it falls on Kubiak to make that evaluation every offseason and after every game and make adjustments as needed. So far, he's made the same adjustments he made with Richard Smith and Frank Bush. He's going to have to be dragged kicking and screaming into making the decision that has to be made. That's a crap head coach.