View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012   #47
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans fans cheer Brian Cushing's injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTex View Post
How come you don't like the saints?
Because my favorite coach (Bum Phillips) and RB (Earl Campbell) of all time went there after that good for nothing POS Bud Adams sent them packing! I know, they chose to go, but, it's just a thorn in my side, and always has been. Bum and Earl were OUR'S, the heart and soul of our Oilers, and I just didn't want to see another team have them. Kinda dumb attitude, but, I was that passionate about our Oilers!! If we couldn't have them, I didn't want anyone else to either! In hindsight I know that was/is a selfish and immature thought process, but, diehard passionate football fans are just that way sometimes! We don't always think clearly when it comes to our fav team!

For several years, after Bum and Earl left the Saints, I really didn't give them much thought, and didn't care one way or another. After the TEXANS were born, we had a Saints fan invade this MB, and my dislike for this person became so intense it fired up that old hate thing I had buried concerning the Saints. I just can't make myself like them, and I have tried. Been to several games in NOLA and most Saints fans are pretty cool now. I guess old passions just run pretty deep for some of us.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote