View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012   #15
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 with trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
PRETTY SOLID TAKE, BRO. Still looking for a Wade Phillips nose, although we thought Martin fit that bill last year & Texans passed.

ONCE AGAIN YOU NAILED IT. Barwin is a foundation piece for Wade Phillips, 3-4 strong side OLB. His production will come as QB's run away from SWATT.

Folks this usually goes on behind close doors but notice how agreement is reached by consensus. I did not include DaRick Rodgers because of off field issues, however he is a talent not to be denied. Question would Texans take chance on a guy with his track record? maybe 2nd then I'm on board he needs a little humility to bring his work ethic in line with this teams doctrine.

Excellent work as usual 65
Thanks! Rodgers is being dominant in the FCS. ~107 yards per game, 16.4 yards per reception... He is about 40% of his team's pass offense, and 1/3 of their receiving TDs.

I expect Rodgers to be met with by every team in the draft season. His talent is extraordinary, every team is going to meet with the guy to see if he has the goods upstairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Banks is a stud CB for Mississippi State. Looks top 10 material. So great match-up w/Tennesse WR's.
Looks like Banks and Broomfield (who is really good in his own right) won that round. I did not watch the game though, so I cant say for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
A couple other WR's you guys might want to look at are Cobi Hamilton and Quinton Patton. I also noticed that Conner Vernon from Duke has been slowly moving up the prospect charts as well.
I really like Patton, but he is also fairly raw. I still dont have a good read on Hamilton. He shows talent one week, then fades back a bit. I will have to take other people's opinions on him.

As for Vernon, I like him a lot. He caught my eye when I was watching Duke to scout their QB, and now I think he is a better prospect than Renfree. That said, I have my doubts that he can be a true number 1 receiver. He has sticky hands and knows how to get open (look at his catching streak, its ridiculous), but he lacks that extra gear to make him a threat to take the ball to the house on every play.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote