Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012   #13
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
WTF are you talking about?? The kid is accurate as hell on bootlegs, he's mobile and can extend drives with his legs. He's displaying all of this in every game. He's Schaub with wheels. Ya know, if Brett Favra had been in Kubiaks system, he'd be a 1st ballot HOF'er.
A good amount of his completions come from broken plays because he chose not to throw it to a WR during their route. Those completions simply won't happen much in the NFL, and would likely be sacks, TFLs or throw aways. His play style is similar to Vince Young in that much of his positive yardage comes from these sorts of broken plays, and I'm not going to overlook that when draft time comes. It's great that he can make something happen, but I'd rather have a disciplined QB that will go through his progressions and hit receivers in stride more often than not.

He also has the issue that guys like Vick, RG3 and Cam have where the QB likes to run the ball too much and will put himself in harms way. It's not always a bad thing, but I'd rather see my QB get it done more often with passes than runs. It's great if they are mobile enough to pick up the 1st, but I would prefer that to not happen too often so we don't see the QB get injured.

It's just his first year though, so I hope to see improvement in these areas, most importantly less reliance on running and more on passing. Hell of player though, and I"m more excited for A&M football than I ever have been before. I expect the Manziel for Heisman campaign should start this week, and rightfully so.