Thread: Andre Johnson
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012   #95
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

To me, in the jets game...there were two passes where I think Schaub expected his WR to make a bigger effort to get to a spot on the field.

One was the AJ target where Cromartie picks it off. I will maintain that I think AJ was not running as hard as Schaub might have expected AJ to, which means Schaub was leading him a bit more than he should have. Watching that play in real time, AJ looked sluggish and wasn't (IMO) running hard enough.

A second play was a scramble by Schaub where there was tons of own field to the sideline, Schaub throws it there and Walter never really understood that's where Schaub was wanting him (Walter) to get to, to bail them out. Granted, it was busted and all players are scrambling...but still, Walter half-assed that scramble and should have known to go there and to get there quickly.

Those are the two types of plays that Owen Daniels thrives on, he's so instinctual and seems to hit overdrive very quickly. He's Schaub's most reliable receiver when it comes to bring not only in the right spot on any given situation, but also gets there quick enough to get separation to make the catch AND get crazy YAC too.

I think we'll see a "return to form" by AJ this week. He's going to want to have a do-over.