View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 with trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
The problem with Williams is that he does not fit the current D. I have written numerous posts on how Wade does not prefer big NTs or small NTs. He works with what he has. And I stand by that. I think that at this point, with the D clicking the way that it is, he will try to find a player similar to the players he has, just better. Thus, the big nasty run stuffers (like Williams) will not be high on his list. Just a gut feeling. Now, a guy you might be interested in is Missouri Southern State's Brandon Williams. I am still trying to find more tape on the guy, but in the limited viewings I have had he is the spitting image of BJ Raji. At this point I have him tentatively ranked where the Texans can grab him in the 4th, and indeed, in my MIP (mock in progress), we do grab him.
PRETTY SOLID TAKE, BRO. Still looking for a Wade Phillips nose, although we thought Martin fit that bill last year & Texans passed.

Quote:
While I understand the rationale behind the plethora of LBs taken, I dont think the situation breaks down the way you have it. Barwin is rapidly lowering his value- I think he re-signs. He is important to the D in his versatility, he can do things that Reed/Braman/Mercilus/Jordan can not do. As for the two ILBs, maybe. You stated your case well.
ONCE AGAIN YOU NAILED IT. Barwin is a foundation piece for Wade Phillips, 3-4 strong side OLB. His production will come as QB's run away from SWATT.

Quote:
I support picking a WR in the first or second. Da'Rick Rodgers is tearing it up against admittedly worse competition. He is in the mix in that late 1st/early 2nd range.
Folks this usually goes on behind close doors but notice how agreement is reached by consensus. I did not include DaRick Rodgers because of off field issues, however he is a talent not to be denied. Question would Texans take chance on a guy with his track record? maybe 2nd then I'm on board he needs a little humility to bring his work ethic in line with this teams doctrine.

Excellent work as usual 65

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote