View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 with trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Thanks for input.

If draft goes as I think, Williams last of the best available. I see him and Sylvester W. top 10-12 in second round so Texans could trade down & get a Nose & another pick. In my projection, Cody will not be on roster and both Williams should be better than Mitchell. J.W. also plays O'line occasionally in Red Zone as he did today against Missouri (TD!)

Linebackers: If we lose Barwin (gain Jordan) cut Sharpton (gain Jackson) do not re-sign Bradie James (gain Minter) that is perfect! Cushing back calling plays and Minter should be no worse than James starting.

WR: Again if you want a more sure fire receiver you must go to second round minimum & remember where we are picking if no trade ups.
The problem with Williams is that he does not fit the current D. I have written numerous posts on how Wade does not prefer big NTs or small NTs. He works with what he has. And I stand by that. I think that at this point, with the D clicking the way that it is, he will try to find a player similar to the players he has, just better. Thus, the big nasty run stuffers (like Williams) will not be high on his list. Just a gut feeling. Now, a guy you might be interested in is Missouri Southern State's Brandon Williams. I am still trying to find more tape on the guy, but in the limited viewings I have had he is the spitting image of BJ Raji. At this point I have him tentatively ranked where the Texans can grab him in the 4th, and indeed, in my MIP (mock in progress), we do grab him.

While I understand the rationale behind the plethora of LBs taken, I dont think the situation breaks down the way you have it. Barwin is rapidly lowering his value- I think he re-signs. He is important to the D in his versatility, he can do things that Reed/Braman/Mercilus/Jordan can not do. As for the two ILBs, maybe. You stated your case well.

I support picking a WR in the first or second. Da'Rick Rodgers is tearing it up against admittedly worse competition. He is in the mix in that late 1st/early 2nd range.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote