View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 with trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
last years class was heavily weighted by Blackmon & Floyd both out of Texan range so removing them our list (mocking for Texans) left only Wright as a legitimate option. On top of that guys like Hill who possessed the size & speed Texans like was raw needing a lot of polishing. The other big WR's Alshon Jeffery, Ruben Randall & Sanu Mohamed lacked first round speed. So as a group for first round consideration pick #26 once Wright was taken (#20) WR just wasn't as attractive as it will be this coming April.

San Francisco tried to force need taking WR, AJ Jenkins 30th overall who in my opinion is not as good as any of those WR's who will be available I mentioned above this year. Stephen Hill has flashed, but still struggles in route tree & is injury prone. Texans took a pair of 4th rd. grade WR's in last years draft Martin & Posey who are nice picks but need development.

This year they can add a true #1 WR prospect ready to contribute sooner than later & hopefully extend Andre Johnson's career. Even if the top guys are gone by the 30th-32nd pick a guy like Marquess Wilson would start day one. Very competitive go to guy who plays more physical than his weight suggests (strong) with excellent length 6'3 & long arms who has timing to get his large paws on the ball @ the apex of the throw, then the frame of mind to run after the catch. Plays smart, finds seams, polished technique can run entire route tree & these are my words not some internet site, so take it for what its worth. I've also seen him seal the edge & block his assignments so while not one of the marquee names out there he would be a solid addition to Texan roster, then hopefully rest of younger guys come around in support making this positional need a thing of the past even when Andre retires.
As stated I like Marquess but no way he beats out WR2 Walter. Our WRs and TEs take a beating as Martin is finding out. WIlson would have to beat out Martin & I would not spend a second let alone the first you indicate. You don't really have him rated that high?