View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 with trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
1) I know you are a huge fan of Williams, but I just dont see anything special in the guy. Dont get me wrong, I dont think he will be a bad player or a bust, but I dont think he will really upgrade the line. Picking 32 does limit our options though. I am fine with the pick.

2) Heck yeah on Minter. Kid could be a stud.

2) I am still not sold on Jordan, but apparently I am the only one who thinks so. He is athletically gifted, but his height worries me. At 6'6" or 7" he is going to have a hard time getting around that corner with leverage.

2) Sold on Wager. Should be a solid RT for years.

3) Davis is a project. All the athleticism in the world, but he still looks raw on the field. At this point, I want a more sure fire receiver. We have projects in Posey and Jean. If we are to invest in a receiver, I want to go top notch. However, it is the 3rd round. Cant get too picky, and Davis does have the size to contribute on special teams.

3) I like Hyde. Solid depth player and STer.

4) I am firmly on the Jackson bandwagon. However, I feel that I must continue to point out that Jackson is still just a Junior, and therefore is unlikely to declare for the draft if he is not considered a 2nd-3rd round pick. Its not impossible, just unlikely. Also, 2 ILBs in one draft? Plus a OLB? That seems a bit heavy.

5) Going RB is a good idea, especially if you are trading Tate (which I am 100% on board with).

If the draft broke down this way, I would be satisfied. I think the two ILBs is overkill though. I would probably switch out Jackson (who I think stays in school) for a blocking TE or SS. Maybe backup QB.
Thanks for input.

If draft goes as I think, Williams last of the best available. I see him and Sylvester W. top 10-12 in second round so Texans could trade down & get a Nose & another pick. In my projection, Cody will not be on roster and both Williams should be better than Mitchell. J.W. also plays O'line occasionally in Red Zone as he did today against Missouri (TD!)

Linebackers: If we lose Barwin (gain Jordan) cut Sharpton (gain Jackson) do not re-sign Bradie James (gain Minter) that is perfect! Cushing back calling plays and Minter should be no worse than James starting.

WR: Again if you want a more sure fire receiver you must go to second round minimum & remember where we are picking if no trade ups.