Thread: Andre Johnson
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012   #76
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson

I think a ton of you sound like a bunch of complete fickle fans in this thread. I'd usually expect this kind of stuff out of non Texans fans who don't watch the Texans that often, but this "AJ is no more" stuff is ridiculous and laughable honestly.

Did you guys not watch the first two games of the season and also the pre season? There has been nothing wrong with AJ at all. I've noticed no difference at all. We've had a very conservative offense especially in the 2nd halves and they haven't gone to AJ nearly enough. To suggest that AJ somehow lost it after one off season is just silly. He isn't 36 years old or anything. We're a run oriented team big time, and we don't have hardly any other receiving threats outside of AJ other then Owen Daniels. In pre season AJ looked like the same beast he has always been. He did in the first game as well after the first half even when a pretty good CB was covering him.

If Kubiak wasn't so conservative and wasn't so afraid of losing leads where he just wants to run, run, run, we'd probably see a lot more of AJ. I'm not going to be bothered to much about it as of now, because we're 5-0. However I've said all season long that our offense is not near as good as people think it is this season. We can run the ball well, but the play calling hasn't been the type of play calling from a dynamic step on your throat type of play calling to do that. AJ not getting the ball as much right now also might be a good thing to some degree, because he isn't taking near as many hits as usual. Hopefully he'll be a lot more healthy by playoffs time when we'll need him the most.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote