Thread: Andre Johnson
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012   #76
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run
Default Re: Andre Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Rewatch the TD against the Broncos.
The CB Tracy Porter never caugh up with AJ.
Look at the distance between them when AJ caught the ball all the way to when AJ reach the end zone.

This guy (Porter) ran a 4.37 at the combine in 2008.

Also read my break-down post for the Jets game up in this thread.
AJ made a couple of very sharp breaks (once on a speed out and another on a deep square in) and got good seperation both times.
I've gone both ways on this. I don't think it's an every play thing. For instance, on OD's TD catch and run against the Titans, they showed a zoomed out replay and AJ was on the other side of the field. He smoked his corner on fly route and had an easy TD, but Schaub checked down earlier.
In the same game, his two big plays, I though he looked a little slow. I remember being surprised at how sluggish the whole play looked, even though it was a big gain.

He's not at 100%, I think it's safe to assume. But he's also not crippled or useless. He's a couple breaks away from having about 4 or 5 TDs and bunch more yards and everyone talking about how he's back to the old AJ.

For the record, those breaks being (long catch against Dolphins that went out of bounds at the 4, two sort-of-drops against the Broncos that would have been big yards and touchdowns, and 2 drops against the Jets that could have been big plays). He just needs to get his hands and his confidence back in order.