Thread: Andre Johnson
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012   #74
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
"Lie"? (I'm suggesting that watching AJ without bias makes it clear he is not right. I was not suggesting anything else. As fans, we all struggle to not allow our biases to color what we are seeing)

Whether there is something majorly wrong or not, I do not know. What I do know is that he has not been able to accelerate and separate from defenders this season as he has in the past. I am not basing that on his targets. I am basing that on watching him run his routes... I don't doubt that we are targeting him less for reasons beyond his lack of explosiveness. If you watch him running in the Jets game without efforting to win an argument, you will clearly see that he is hobbled. Other games this year, it has clearly been the case as well. It has been noticeable a few times this year. Again, hopefully, it is the groin issue and nothing more.
Rewatch the TD against the Broncos.
The CB Tracy Porter never caugh up with AJ.
Look at the distance between them when AJ caught the ball all the way to when AJ reach the end zone.

This guy (Porter) ran a 4.37 at the combine in 2008.

Also read my break-down post for the Jets game up in this thread.
AJ made a couple of very sharp breaks (once on a speed out and another on a deep square in) and got good seperation both times.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote