Thread: Andre Johnson
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012   #56
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Great write up, seriously.

Rolling coverages and double triple teaming him isn't anything new. He's dealt w this when he was our only weapon and HWSNBN was the QB yet he still made plays. Maybe before Schaub would force more balls and AJ had to make a play - but not Schaub see's someone else wide open; I don't know. All I know is that when AJ is barreling through the secondary and dragging DBs w him we are damn near unstoppable. I want THAT guy back.
Well, we all saw what happened when Schaub tried to force that ball into double coverage in the Jets game.

For the most part, however, I think Matt had done a great job to find the open man rather than forcing the ball like before.

There were too many times that AJ had to win those balls in the past.
I think we don't have to do that now with a more mature Schaub.
Look at his QB rating; Schaub can find an open man most of the time.

I'd rather him go for the safe throws unless we really need him to.
So far we don't have to risk that, and it's great news!

BTW, no team has been able to stop us yet; knock on wood.
We made it hard for ourselves here and there; otherwise, it would have been a blow-out in each and every single game we've played so far.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote