Thread: Andre Johnson
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012   #30
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Schaub has been money thus far, so I won't say a word about the pass game. I think the run game averaging less than 4 yards a carry is the biggest "problem" right now. There hasn't been much to bicker about when it comes to throwing the ball, but running the football is not top notch currently.

As the season wears on, the run game will get better, and the offense will kill ever more. This is why good teams don't peak in October.
there is no "on the money" when the timing is off that is my point. Not just on Andre or Schaub, the OL or opposing teams defensive scheming the mis-direction is not so mis-direction anymore, teams are picking up on it & the throws are under pressure & sooner than planned. Maybe the cb's recognize the play so they engage & lock on sooner extending the play? Probably a combination of all the above but the game plan must adjust to allow structure to flow smoother. Like Kubiak said, he's got to find a way to get Andre the ball more, so look for it. Plus if you can't hurt the other team throwing it teams will stack the box & take away the run.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote