View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012   #129
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our new look ILB position moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I didn't say that he's not where they want him to be. He could be right on schedule as far as I know.

What I said was they don't think he is ready to help the team more than what he has been.

When Merci was first drafted Wade talked about how they saw him as a guy that could get in the game in passing situation because of his "pass rushing skills". He even talked about maybe having Merci, Barwin, and Reed all on the field together to get "his best players on the field"...

That hasn't been the case. I don't think they've all been out on the field together for any snaps at all. Also, I could be wrong, but just from memory it seems like Merci was playing more earlier in the season but has not been playing as much now. I'm not sure if that's accurate or not and if it is I have no idea what the reason behind that would be. I haven't been seeing him much on special teams either.

But I will say this...The times that I've seen Merci on the field he's looked overmatched and timid. I didn't like the pick at all when we made it, and I still don't like it but I don't ever say that guys can't get better. I don't know what the staff thinks, but IMHO Merci needs to get a lot better if he's going to play and make an impact for this or any NFL team.
I wonder if Mercilus is nursing a minor injury; the snap counts show a red flag:

Mercilus Barwin Reed
Week Def ST Def ST Def ST
1 16 15 61 2 47 2
2 8 20 41 17 37 2
3 12 20 75 11 75 8
4 15 21 47 8 47 2
5 zero 5 57 10 57 5
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote