View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012   #72
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Do you read other people's posts?

Wade has been elevated to quasi-savior status around these parts. It's one of the rare times that a consensus exists among Texans fans. I think everyone knows the differences between the 2010 team and the 2011/2012 team is due to one man: Wade Phillips.

And like I've said before, regardless of the circumstances surrounding Wade's hire, Kubiak should still get credit for not letting his head coach ego get in the way of hiring the best defensive coach out there...a coach that has the experience to sit in that head coaching chair, as well.
I have a high opinion of Wade Phillips, which has been recently tainted by his "I love it here, but I'd like to be a HC again, but I really love it here" schtick that he pulls each season.

On game days, it's evident that Wade calls almost a flawless game all game long. He's verrrrry good at it.

Kubiak is meddling. Dennison supposedly is the OC, but we know from direct quotes by Kubiak himself that he intervenes and can change calls if he wants. He's a helicopter OC, always hovering over the situation and ready to drop rope and repel to the action so he can save the day.

Think if he had a killer OC who was given full reins like Wade has with the D. Man, Kubiak could spend all of his time polishing silver Lombardi trophies.

We're damn good right now, but every window closes. The Patriots have proven you can open that window again from time to time, but then again that's the Patriots and I don't know that I can equate Kubiak with Billy Boy.

I'm very pleased. I love this season. I still can live with Kubiak, it's just sort of like the roommate who is a bit sloppy...he pays the rent on time, he's fun to be around, you just wish he'd pick up his crap pile every now and then. Overall, that's fine.