Thread: 5-0?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 5-0?

I don't care for NFL Math. "Well our Team A has beaten Team B, but team B had beaten Team C...so we're clearly better than BOTH those teams."

It doesn't work that way. You need some fortunate bounces of the ball, you need momentum, you need confidence, you need your players to play their best every week, you need other teams to shoot themselves in the foot. And frankly I wasn't surprised the Steelers lost, I never penciled them in as a sure-win anyways.

There are a few teams who are genuinely GOOD week in and week out this season: Us, 49ers, Falcons, Giants, Patriots, and then some Cinderella teams like Chicago and Baltimore who will be wild card teams who don't have the horses to beat the top teams but still get attention right now in the reg season by virtue of their record. Everyone else is up one week, down the next, and that's what you have with teams like Steelers and Titans.

We're going to sweep the Titans, we're going to sweep the Jaguars, and I predict we split with the Colts (we'll win ours at home, lose the one in Indy). Meanwhile, Titans will run off and get beaten by some dismal teams along the way. The Steelers are just no longer formidable and everyone knows it.