View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The block on cushing....Slausen fined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
You too trying to argue that the NFL would see a hit, determine there was intent to injure or an element of dirtiness, and only fine the player 10,000 dollars....the "standard fine for a block like that"?

Stop it. That sounds ridiculous X2.
I don't think the NFL tries to "determine" if there was intent or not. I would have to believe they would need to at least talk to the player before they make that determination.

1st offense = "standard fine"
2nd offense = more than "standard fine"
3rd offense = more than more than "standard fine"

& so on & so forth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
The NFL didn't think there was anything other than an illegal block.

A track record would *ding ding* indicate that there is probably intent or at the very least disregard.

10,000 as a fine says exactly what I believe. The block was illegal, dangerous and should not be done....BUT there was no dirty intent.
$10,000 to me says they didn't see any previous behavior, they don't believe there will be a repeat offense. Look, if you were right, the NFL would have fined David Stewart more than $7,875 :
Quote:
Titans offensive tackle David Stewart has been fined $7,875 by the NFL for an unspecified blow to the head during the game against the Texans Sunday.
& the NFL would have been leveling fines out the wazoo on Vilma, Smith, & the rest of that Bounty bunch... but there are many hits, illegal hits, malicious hits that go unfined.