View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012   #56
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
First time here long time suffering texan fan since the very beginning.

I know we have a gaudy 5-0 record and kubiak is getting a lot of superficial praise by outsiders but to me, he is still the same old kubiak.

His play calling still perplexes me (his perpetual 2nd & 10 run plays are driving me insane), he still doesnt give ben tate enough reps, he still trots out kevin walter and kareem jackson out there, joe marciano is still out there (still loyal to a fault & detrimental to team success), & his conservative philosophy will cost us dearly later on in the season.

As for schaub, ive been one of his biggest critics. He gained a lot of respect from me in that denver game but i still dont trust him. Our offense stalls far too many times and we have to settle for field goals. His decision making is still shaky and i worry how he will fare in the postseason. I dont understand how a guy who has never played in the playoffs and is always injured have so much support in this town.

Yes, we are 5-0, but it looks like fool's gold to me. We havent played anybody that you can say is a great team. We should beat Green Bay but the pack are not the same and are injured. Baltimore should provide a stiff test but i feel like we have to beat the patriots in order for our greatness to be verified.
I'm back!

I'm not going to touch the stuff on Kubes. I think you have some solid points that are valid, but we're coming off of a good season and we're 5-0 right now. Not exactly the best timing on a thread like this about Kubes, but to each his own.

My question though is what on earth are you still questioning Schaub for at this point? Hasn't he proven that he is top 10 material QB to you yet? Did you not see how useless this offense got once TJ Yates came in? Schaub may look goofy, he may be slow and non mobile, but so are guys like Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Manning, and Eli Manning. I'm not saying Schaub is as good as any of these guys, but he doesn't have to be mobile and fast to be a very good QB. There are 32 teams in this league so that is 32 starters. To have a QB that is a top 10 material QB is pretty good. Every team can't have an elite QB, but we've got a really good one in Schaub that works his ass off. I'll take Schaub any day.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote