View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012   #40
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
First time here long time suffering texan fan since the very beginning.

I know we have a gaudy 5-0 record and kubiak is getting a lot of superficial praise by outsiders but to me, he is still the same old kubiak.
The same guy whose offense won a couple of Super Bowls.

Quote:
His play calling still perplexes me (his perpetual 2nd & 10 run plays are driving me insane),
That's frequently the best time to run and the worst time to pass. Doesn't bother me at all. If you've got a runner that can pick up 5-6 yards on a second down run and put you in position to pick up the 1st down, do it. No need to get all 10 yards on 2nd down.

Quote:
he still doesnt give ben tate enough reps,
I don't know. Do you think that might be because Ben fumbled the ball and almost cost us the Denver game or because he's been injured?

Quote:
he still trots out kevin walter and kareem jackson out there,
Because they're just the best guys at their position that we have on the team? Are you stuck in 2010 with Kareem Jackson? Cause... he's a good CB now. And Kevin, he's playing really well this year.

Quote:
joe marciano is still out there (still loyal to a fault & detrimental to team success), & his conservative philosophy will cost us dearly later on in the season.
Strange thing is, Joe isn't even his guy.

Quote:
As for schaub, ive been one of his biggest critics. He gained a lot of respect from me in that denver game but i still dont trust him. Our offense stalls far too many times and we have to settle for field goals. His decision making is still shaky and i worry how he will fare in the postseason. I dont understand how a guy who has never played in the playoffs and is always injured have so much support in this town.
Jeez. What's a guy got to do? Lead the league in passing? Oh, yeah, right, he's already done that. Throw for the 6th most yards in a single season ever (by 2010 standards)? Oh, yeah, he did that. Put us in position to win game after game in the 4th quarter? Oh, yeah, he's done that... even if the defense pissed it away or someone dropped a pass.

Quote:
Yes, we are 5-0, but it looks like fool's gold to me. We havent played anybody that you can say is a great team. We should beat Green Bay but the pack are not the same and are injured. Baltimore should provide a stiff test but i feel like we have to beat the patriots in order for our greatness to be verified.
From your post, it's pretty obvious that you're straight out lying. You need to be honest, at least with yourself. You don't like Kubiak and you don't like Schaub. Doesn't matter who they beat or don't beat. Doesn't matter what record they get.

You don't like them and so you're going to find reasons to not like them. You say you like the team but you don't like the main players and the coach. And I'd guess you'd probably prefer that we go on a losing streak so we could get rid of them and get some guys in here that you do like.

I like to win. I like coaches that win games. We haven't won enough here and I would have fired Kubiak a couple of years ago even though I've defended him over the years.

Do you know what a killer instinct is? Pounding the rock over and over and throwing short passes and getting just enough yards to get a first down and going on long assed drives that grind down the clock when you're up on someone. THAT'S a killer instinct.

There aren't a lot of coaches who'll get up on an opponent and then keep slinging the ball around. It's not because they're gutless. It's because coaches who do that don't keep their jobs very long. You lose a lot of games you should have won when you do that.

The thing about guys like Belichick and Parcells is that they aren't the risk takers some people seem to perceive them as. They will occasionally take calculated risks but normally, if they have the chance, they'd call plays just like Kubiak does. Because it wins games. And sometimes when Belichick takes risks, it's because he doesn't trust his defense and some of those risks have backfired and lost him games he should have won.

But none of that really matters to you. Because you just don't like the guys we've got.

And that's OK. Maybe we will go on a big losing streak and you'll get to say "I told you I didn't trust these guys."
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote