View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012   #35
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
what about sticking with underperforming players (travis johnson,zac diles,amobi okoye, jacoby jones, kevin walter, and now his latest project kareem jackson) for far too long? Looks like conor barwin will be joining that list soon.
Woah, hold up there. That list is probably the most inaccurate list I have seen. I think you are looking form more "exploding" players as opposed to the players that work in our system.

I'll give you Jacoby. I would say maybe he drafted Holiday to get rid of Jones, but that was more of coach Joe than it was Kubiak. Still no way Jones should have been with us for as long as he was, so I give you that.

Kevin Walter may not be fast, but he gets the job done especially when it comes to blocking. He is a great blocking WR which Kubiak loves for his run game and screen plays. He can also get it done when he is called on. Seriously, the dude is clutch. I mean, he did catch the playoff clinching TD pass last season, and did you see that 50 yd pass from Schaub in Denver? Walter deserves a lot more credit than what you seem to be giving him.

Every other player that you listed are Defensive Players. Kubiak normally lets his DC take care of the defensive players. It has been that way ever since he got here. Seriously, Travis Johnson was the first round pick up in 2005? Maybe even 2004? I know he was gone BY 2007, if not sooner. Bottom line is, he was drafter long before Kubiak was even a candidate for HC. Diles was a baackup LB, who once again was the responsibility of the DC. Okoye was a bust, but there is a reason Kubiak is an offensive playcaller. He doesn't know defensive players that well, so he doesn't handle a defensive pick. Finally there is KJax. Are you stuck in 2010 brother? Jackson has made nothing but improvement since his rookie season. Idk if you weren't watching, but they barely threw at him on Monday night, and had the game clinching pick. The majority of this board agrees that he has been getting really good, a lot better than what he was in 2010. Even though he is getting good, Kubiak had NOTHING to do with his improvement. That, like every other defensive player on our team, is the responsibility of Wade. Not Kubiak. Barwin has not shown up this season, but once again it is up to Wade to make sure he improves or not.

Finally, I want to point something out. You say Kubiak has been and still is "too nice" A common knock on him for a while was the fact that he hng on to his players for too long. (I.E. Jacoby Jones) I think that changed at the beginning of last season. People within the organization have said that Wade brought a certain swagger with him. I think it has rubbed off on Kubiak and we have seen it. He looks more fiery now than what he has been in past years. Normally he would stick with a player like holiday, especially after the preseason he had. Obviously, since he didn't show up at all during the season, he wasn't going to make the same mistake again and cut him before he cost us a game.

So I think your lack of trust for Kubiak is a little dated. I mean, under him and Wade, we are off to the best start ever in the City of Houston. Even when our defense was bad, our offense was still good and continued to improve. Which is why I was probably one of the 5% of people who didn't want Kubiak to get fired. Now we have a potential super bowl team. So yeah.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote