View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012   #25
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes
Default Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Few things I don't think I had really thought about in years past:

When you control the clock and eat time in games, you accomplish 2 primary goals: 1) you wear out the opposing defense by keeping them on the field more than yours (especially if you run a lot), 2) when you burn clock between plays, you have fewer plays in a season and, therefore, fewer injuries. So, using the hurry-up offense the whole game (or especially season) could be detrimental to your team's health, even if it is effective.

Kubiak does this. He calls run plays that get 5 yds. on 2nd and 3 or 8 yds. on 2nd and 10. He calls for a screen to James Casey when nobody in the whole stadium is paying any attention to James Casey. I don't know why he thinks Foster can carry the ball 400 times in a season a get away with it, but he does a lot of things right, whether they seem exciting or not.

Only thing I KNOW Kubiak does wrong is choosing a DC...

what about sticking with underperforming players (travis johnson,zac diles,amobi okoye, jacoby jones, kevin walter, and now his latest project kareem jackson) for far too long? Looks like conor barwin will be joining that list soon.
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote