View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012   #24
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime

Few things I don't think I had really thought about in years past:

When you control the clock and eat time in games, you accomplish 2 primary goals: 1) you wear out the opposing defense by keeping them on the field more than yours (especially if you run a lot), 2) when you burn clock between plays, you have fewer plays in a season and, therefore, fewer injuries. So, using the hurry-up offense the whole game (or especially season) could be detrimental to your team's health, even if it is effective.

Kubiak does this. He calls run plays that get 5 yds. on 2nd and 3 or 8 yds. on 2nd and 10. He calls for a screen to James Casey when nobody in the whole stadium is paying any attention to James Casey. I don't know why he thinks Foster can carry the ball 400 times in a season a get away with it, but he does a lot of things right, whether they seem exciting or not.

Only thing I KNOW Kubiak does wrong is choosing a DC...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote