View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012   #6
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruthExplodes View Post
First time here long time suffering texan fan since the very beginning.

I know we have a gaudy 5-0 record and kubiak is getting a lot of superficial praise by outsiders but to me, he is still the same old kubiak.

His play calling still perplexes me (his perpetual 2nd & 10 run plays are driving me insane), he still doesnt give ben tate enough reps, he still trots out kevin walter and kareem jackson out there, joe marciano is still out there (still loyal to a fault & detrimental to team success), & his conservative philosophy will cost us dearly later on in the season.

He runs on second and long to make it 3rd and short. Smart call when you have the best RB in the league. Ben Tate gets enough reps when needed. If the game calls for more Tate, the game gets more Ben Tate. KW is a phenomenal blocker and KJ is playing out of his mind right now. Not sure what you have been watching. I agree that we can upgrade Marciano.

As for schaub, ive been one of his biggest critics. He gained a lot of respect from me in that denver game but i still dont trust him. Our offense stalls far too many times and we have to settle for field goals. His decision making is still shaky and i worry how he will fare in the postseason. I dont understand how a guy who has never played in the playoffs and is always injured have so much support in this town.

He is an extremely smart QB that makes great decisions. He has thrown only 2 INT's this season and has lead us to a 5-0 record. He runs the play action bootleg better than any QB in the league. I feel (as do most on here) unbeleivably confident with Schaub leading us into the playoffs.

Yes, we are 5-0, but it looks like fool's gold to me. We havent played anybody that you can say is a great team. We should beat Green Bay but the pack are not the same and are injured. Baltimore should provide our stiffest test but i feel like we have to beat the patriots in order for our greatness to be verified.
Correct, we havent played anyone as of yet but we are 5-0....meaning we have taken care of business in the games where we should have. Our team is running like a well oiled machine right now and Kubiak's play calling is part of the reason for the success. Hes never going to air it out like Mike Smith, Mike McCarthy, or even Jim Schwartz for that matter. We play balanced, sound football here in Houston and thats because our team is so balanced. Im more afraid of Green Bay (Aaron Rodgers specifically) over Baltimore. I think we match up better against Baltimore.