View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012   #29
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Needs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Good post!

NT I agree with some of what you're saying. We do need a NT early on in the draft and I would be good with sbt's pick of Williams in the 1st.

ILB I would like to pick up an ILB sooner than what you have because I'm not sure when Sharpton and Cush will be back and how they will perform. Maybe in the 2nd to 3rd round and I have been hearing/reading about a kid from Western Kentucky named, of all things, Andrew Jackson. Also, James, Ruud, and Dobbins are all getting "long in the tooth" so I think we are pretty thin in this area.

OT/OG May not be as high on my list. I think Newton just needs a little more time to develop and, although Harris is still somewhat of a ?, he has been doing OK and could be our "swing tackle" for now. As for OG, I think we will draft another one. I'm just not sure how late in the draft. I guess it all depends on the development of Brooks and Jones, and how long Caldwell and Wade Smith hold up.

CB/S I think we will resign McCain and GQ and hold what we have, although I know Rick Smith likes to get a DB or 2 somewhere in the draft. And with us hopefully having extra picks I think we will probably get at least 1 DB in the draft. Just not sure where, but probably late for depth.

WR/TE I think it's too early to give up on Jean, Martin, and Posey. I'm hoping, now that Jean will be playing again and K-Mart will be doing KR/PR, that Kubes will start using all 3 a little more in the passing game. They do need to step up. One area I was hoping to draft high in (1st or 2nd) was at TE. I want a "Gronk" clone. And right now we only have 2 listed TE's on our roster (OD and Graham) and OD will be 30 soon.

P They will probably keep D. Jones, but we had the "good young P" you were talking about last year. His name was Hartmann. Wish they could've kept him somehow because he had a strong leg, and if I'm not mistaken, they used him for kickoffs.

RB I could see them letting Tate go and getting a back late in the draft or UDFA.
RMartin65 & I have been tooting Andrew Jackson horn. Not great in coverage but monster against run.