View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012   #65
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Moves, Ruud and White signed, Holliday gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
GP, No need to make this argument. Those of us who follow the team closely and have listened to Kubiak pressers are well aware of what he says between the lines. He has hemmed and hawed about that roster spot plenty.

Proof? No. The organization is disciplined. Information is available to those interested enough to read between the lines and know how the team operates, but they are very careful and controlled about any information that distribute regarding all players.

It was clear on Monday night that Holliday was going to be cut this week when Kubiak said, "our return game is bad and we are going to take a hard look at what we're doing"... or something like that.
When the ST coach says he "jumped on the table" for a player...yeah, that indicates that Coach Joe made a strong enough case for the pick that Kubiak eventually ended up making the pick there.

Getting onto the table is the same thing as saying "I want this guy." Period.

Kubiak figured out very quickly in camp that it was an iffy pick. He was on his ass all the time, very vocal all of the time about him. A freakish preseason meant he had no choice, the guy played his way onto the 53, but then somehow Kubiak found it easy to pull the trigger when Cushing is out for the year...why? Because he was never really invested in the Holliday pick like he was with Jacoby Jones.

Proof isn't going to be proven absolutely, like you said, but it's fairly obvious that the pick was a Coach Joe pick. And the words "unsubstantiated rumor" indicates, IMO, that I was just gossiping and had no real evidence. Hell, what I posted of that article is pretty obvious to me. LOL.