Thread: wth packers?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012   #69
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: wtf packers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Hearing that Benson has a lisfranc injury....bad news for him.
You know, that's funny. That was reported yesterday. But today, he was placed on IR with designation for return after 8 weeks. They wouldn't want to waste that designation, so I would have to assume that MRI showed a very much lesser Class I foot sprain. Even a typical nondisplaced Class I moderate severity Lisfranc would not allow for an RB to return in 8 weeks for game-like play. It would require a 6-week period where the player is just either non-weightbearing or minimally weightbearing through the heel (cast). If there is a Class I Lisfranc, he will be image reassessed at 2 weeks to see if his stretch/bone separation is stable with no progression. If there is no progression and the player is nontender, they may consider removing the boot and fitting orthotics early and begin rehab for return. If there is progression, they are replaced in the boot for the remainder of the 6 weeks, then placed in orthotics with rehab being started towards return to game play somewhere in the neighborhood of 11 to 18 weeks. Now, if at any point there is actual displacement, surgery similar to Schaub's course will be anticipated.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote