View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012   #59
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: How come the Jets loss and we didn't win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
This is 100% accurate...which then equates those wins to "ugly wins".

I define an ugly win as winning the game even though your team did not play anywhere near the potential or skill they have displayed in prior games.
To me an ugly win would be several mistakes, miscues, & WTFs.... fumbles, interceptions, penalties, dropped passes, missed tackles, errant passes, missed blocks, missed field goals, botched snaps... & still manage to win the game.

If our defense had allowed the Jets offense to score 20 points, if our offense racked up one three & out after another, If Arian Foster didn't rack up over 100 yards in the first half alone, maybe I would call that an ugly win.

But like I said, our offense was clean. They had more false starts & delays of games than we did, in their house. The defense did their thing. It was Monday night & the game was not too big for them boys on Kirby.

& I'll say this... knowing no one else looks at a football game the way I do, but that was probably Matt Schaub's best game in his last 10 starts. 50% completion percentage, 71 passer rating, I know. But he got out of the pocket, extended plays, made things happen. His receivers let him down & he made some good decisions not to force anything & just threw the ball away. So I don't think the stats are reflective of his performance on this one. He played like an All-Pro/MVP in my opinion. Later, I think this is going to pay off for us big time.