View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012   #62
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster Moves, Ruud and White signed, Holliday gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
unsubstantiated rumor. it's likely marciano wanted him, but to say it was solely joe's pick is an opinion that's being presented as fact.
Chew on this for awhile:

Quote:
“What he did throughout the course of this preseason was exceptional,” Kubiak said. “And his spot on this team was well-earned.”

But few in the Texans organization are happier to see Holliday excel than special teams coach Joe Marciano, who encouraged the team to draft the 5-foot-5,165 world-class speedster.

Marciano followed Holliday’s LSU career closely.

“I jumped on the table for Trindon,” Marciano said. I did a lot of homework on him. Guys don’t get good hits on him.”
Link HERE, since you seem to be so fond of challenging me all the time on stuff like this. Read it and weep. Coach Joe encouraged the Texans to pick Holliday, which means Coach Joe wanted him...Kubiak then selected him.

I'm sure I can find more evidence, but really this one is enough isn't it?