View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012   #4
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The block on cushing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
It was illegal. I know that there's been a thread (or 10) on this..

That said, the long and short of it is (irrespective to the 'ol proximity of the line of scrimmage, or the 'ol "engaged" rule). This had more to do with the direction the block came from. If a lineman makes the block (w/ those other consdiderations above - removed), towards his offensive endzone, all is good. If the lineman makes the block facing towards his own (defensive) endzone, No BUENO!!!!

This is at least how I interpret the "chop block" rules.

In any event, I believe the block to be illegal and a cheap shot.... Note: A cheap shot not necessarily with malice. In other words, dude made a poor decision but I don't necessarily think he attempted to hurt Cush..
Hmmm i didnt see any threads on it otherwise i wouldnt of made the thread