View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The block on cushing....

It was illegal. I know that there's been a thread (or 10) on this..

That said, the long and short of it is (irrespective to the 'ol proximity of the line of scrimmage, or the 'ol "engaged" rule). This had more to do with the direction the block came from. If a lineman makes the block (w/ those other consdiderations above - removed), towards his offensive endzone, all is good. If the lineman makes the block facing towards his own (defensive) endzone, No BUENO!!!!

This is at least how I interpret the "chop block" rules.

In any event, I believe the block to be illegal and a cheap shot.... Note: A cheap shot not necessarily with malice. In other words, dude made a poor decision but I don't necessarily think he attempted to hurt Cush..